Monday, February 15, 2010

February 15th

Happy President's Day! This is my Comfort Quilt that was gifted to me from my small group. The day after my gall bladder removal surgery, this lovely quilt came to give me comfort from my quilting friends. There are 11 of us in the group (normally 12, but one moved away) and each of us has one now! All 12 are different, but all made from 5" squares. And everyone had some hand in everyone so it was a wonderful sharing program. We realized we were often making quilts to comfort other people and then thought we needed to comfort each other!
Several of us had talked about how some of our recipients (even close friends and family) were very "la-di-da" about a quilt we had worked hard on and anticipated a grateful, heartfelt thank you. Then coming to the realization that more often then not, non quilters just don't get it! So we need to remember to gift our quilting friends too!

No comments: