Monday, February 1, 2010

Design Wall Monday - Week Five

This is a row quilt that my small quilting group is just ending up. This project belongs to Janice. She made the village row and her theme is winter. I had this on my wall for a few days to inspire me to come up with something. And I finally did! I am doing a hand embroidery in blue work of snowmen that was in a recent magazine. I am going to do 5 different "scenes" and adjoin them with small tree blocks.
I had my friends do traditional old time blocks for me. I'll try to remember to put that up on my wall next as they have all be done and returned to me already. This was a project I had to practically pull hair over to get them to agree, and once they started on it, everyone really loved doing it.

1 comment:

KatieQ said...

The blue work snowmen sound like they will work well with the overall theme. I hope you will post a picture when you are finished.