Sunday, March 28, 2010

March 28th - #85

I love this quilt. This was a new technique kind of quilt. If you click on it, you can see the fold back that makes the curves happen. I made this for my wonderful DIL Krista, and gifted it to her as a wedding gift. She was born and raised in Hawaii, is Filipino and loves the water, so I thought this quilt was just right for her. In my normal "maverick" quilty way......I had to make one turtle swimming a different direction......










Isn't she a beautiful bride? Her Mom traveled from Hawaii and brought the flowers with her.
We held the wedding in our back yard, it was just a beautiful day.

Here they are walking back down the "aisle" carrying Jillian and Ethan. That is the back of Lynn's and my head.....Krista's Mom is in the peach dress in the background. Five years ago this summer. My how time flies....

4 comments:

Pat said...

Love that turtle quilt but can't quite seem to see the folded back part you mentioned...even when I enlarge it. Is this a pattern that is still available somewhere? LOVELY wedding photos, too.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh the quilt is wonderful- and what wonderful memories of a wedding in your back yard.

Julie said...

What a great quilt and a great wedding too!

Sharon T in Napa said...

Thanks girls. Pat, I'll find the pattern, or at least the designer and let you know the name.
It's great hearing from you all.