Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22nd - #79

Isn't it fun to see what you can do with a simple bowtie block? This was a pattern I found in Ashland Oregon about 9 years ago. And it's one that I rewrote the instructions and used as a mystery quilt class. It's also a quilt that is sadly not quilted. I had given it to Carol to do it on her LA and when she loaded it she said that the upper left hand corner was not square at the little pink stopper border and figuring it would be hanging on a wall, she took it off rather than proceed. She is probably right....I have spent a fair amount of time trying to fix it, but no luck. In fact in a moment of desperation of needing some batting, I took it out of this project!! So it is gently folded, hanging in the closet waiting for more inspiration.

The kids are coming for an overnight. Krista has a 6:30 am meeting, and it's much nicer for everyone to have them sleep over than to get us all up at oo:dark30. Then to the physical therapist, then the doctor for a follow up and possible shot, then the cat to the vet for his shots. So will be a busy day around here!

I did get the suet feeders filled today though. And it has been so nice to wake up to those bird songs again....

3 comments:

Pat said...

That is a great-looking quilt and I'd never have thought to do something like that with bow-tie blocks. I'm sure you can manage to quilt that top.....even if it's not totally square. That quilt is too nice NOT to be on display!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Amazing - I like the offset design.

Dena said...

I didn't even notice it was the Bowtie block when I first glanced at it. I love the effect you created.