Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 17th - #74

I actually had another quilt to put up today and started to write a note saying I was kind of surprised that I didn't have any kind of St Patrick's Day quilt and I realized I DO!!! This was another one of those table runners I had made in 1999, when I was making a table runner for each month of the year. This block is called Card Trick, one of the first I learned to make. Looking at it reminds me how much I like to make blocks. So Happy Saint Patrick's day!!

I had such a lovely time today with JoAnni! We enjoyed a lovely white tea and yummy, yummy banana bread. Mostly I enjoyed the company and lively conversation. And drooling over her crazy quilt project, (I hope she doesn't see where I did that.....)!! We are already looking forward to getting together again soon.

See that bit of green cutting mat there between those two cats???? That's all the space these two thought I needed to work on my bibs. What is it with cats and sewing????

Lynn got his new car today, and is much relieved to have it done. He was so afraid the seller was going to change his mind. Now he gets to take it on a long drive to Seattle and onto Olympia tomorrow.

I'm going to meet a lovely woman I met online via her blog tomorrow at the craft fair being held across the street. I'm really looking forward to getting to know her.

Don't drink too much green beer everyone!

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I like the card trick block - but don't think I would make very many of them.

I had a grand time yesterday too - and I'll check that crazy quilt for drooling. LOL

You are going to love Linda when you meet today - and she is going to love you too - you are both super wonderful.

Can't wait until we get together again - more stitching, more drooling LOL