Thursday, January 28, 2010

January 28th

This lovely quilt is composed of only four blocks. It is about 54" square. The block is from The Block Book, and one I had been wanting to make for years. While at a retreat in the summer of 2008 I pulled out the floral thais the border and then center of those stars and then pulled the tone on tones from some boxes of fabric I brought along. I really love how it came out. My dear friend June just made this quilt with her flavor of fabrics. I will try to get a photo of it soon, so you can see it. This is another one of those projects that if I live long enough, I would really like to make it again. The custom quilting on this was done by my friend Sally. She does excellent work, I'm happy to provide her contact information for anyone interested!!

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great colors!!!!

Cindy said...

Ooooo...I have that book too and know exactly which block you made. I never thought of making more than one for a larger quilt. I really like how it looks. Thanks for making me add another project to my "wanna do" list!