Saturday, January 16, 2010

January 16th


It's been a wild 24 hours around here. But in time, I have a photo of another quilt so my record is still intact. This was a fun "just do it" project. I had tons of strings hanging around, so I sewed them and then cut them into triangles and then played with a setting. Totally scrappy, even the binding. I did run sort of a "pattern" of the corner stones for a bit of balance. It isn't very big, about 42 x 50, so fine to throw over Ethan when he takes a siesta.



And here is what the rest of the last 24 hours entailed. My husband has had some troublesome symptoms for a couple of weeks, and finally I hauled his butt to the after hours clinic. Once he said he vision was blurry, that was it. And sure enough he is now a newly diagnosed diabetic patient. We had to go straight to insulin this morning, since he started having leg cramps and after an initial blood sugar last night of 853, I wasn't going to wait another 3 hours for our doctors office to open. Into the ER we went. A liter of fluid, and IV drip of insulin later.....we did get to his doctors office and started down the path of dealing with this disease. Two trips to the pharmacy, reading instructions and his blood sugar when last checked was 353, so we are heading the right direction. I think this will really be the push we both need to maintain a regular exercise program and really take a close look at our dietary choices. I am hopeful that in a few months he can be off the insulin. Another chapter begins.....

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wonderful quilt - I have troubled doing scrappy, I always want to organze things.

Glad you got your husband to the hospital - not a fun adventure you are starting, but one that will help you both in the end. Good luck.

Cindy said...

Bummer about your hubby. I imagine it was a bit scary.

Quilt is another cute scrappy one!