Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11th


This is another of my very early quilts. It was from the book Shadow Quilts, and I loved the play of pinwheels on pinwheels. And using one of my still favorite color combinations of purple and green. I did a lot of machine quilting on this one, but it is not terribly big, about 40" x 40" so it was manageable. There are still more patterns in that book I would like to do.....someday....already I have more things in mind than anyone could possibly finish!



Ethan was laying on the ground playing his DS today and I spied the cat, Rocco, up on the arm of the couch, keeping tabs on him. He was watching the game play until my camera was ready and then did the typical "cat" thing and turned his head!







Happy to show my sewing room back up and functioning!!! This is looking into the room. The futon under the window is the new addition. So now I have to roll my koala cabinet out from the wall, turn it and open to sew. But then, isn't that supposed to be one of the perks of the cabinet?? So I'm happy to be back sewing. I have a few blocks that are owed to people from last year, and they will be the first things completed, then I have a binding to put on a lap quilt that I am gifting to a friend and I want to get it in the mail before the end of the week. I'll take more photos of my room including with the cabinet folded and moved and post them tomorrow.
Next week I will have my first give away for all who leave comments, so watch for that if you like those kinds of things!! Glad to hear from some of you that you are enjoying my quilt show!!!

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Your room is so pretty, what a fun place to sew.

Cute Ethan and the cat too.