Monday, January 4, 2010

Design Wall Monday - Week One

This is another challenge I thought about last year from time to time, but never really got into the swing of it. So will start now!! This is a project that has been on this wall far tooooooo long. I have been sewing these little strings together for a long time, and then cutting and designing as I go. Once I get my sewing room put back together and a couple of blocks that I owe to people finished, I'll get to work on finishing this up and getting it off this wall! Lucky me, I have three design wall areas in my studio, though one is covered with photos of past quilts and mementos. Thanks Judy for continuing this inspiring challenge again this year.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how the black sets off the rest of the string blocks. This will be gorgeous when it's finished.

Marla said...

OMGOODNESS! THIS IS GOING TO BE FABULOUS!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is going to be just gorgeous!!

Judy D in WA said...

Hi Sharon, I LOVE your strings...I can't wait to see what you do next!

Tracy said...

That string quilt is really turning out nicely. Stick with it, you won't be sorry!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon,

This is a stunning string quilt design.

I would encourage to put it in a quilt show when it is finished.

You are doing an awesome job.

Thanks for sharing all of your quilting activity. I love it.

Cindy Carter

Donna said...

What a creative use of strings! I love it!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's beautiful!
3 design walls?!?! I'd have them covered in 3 UFO's!