Friday, April 30, 2010

Some Random Thoughts

I appreciate the lovely comments left here, and on Facebook and my email from everyone regarding my anniversary post. It means so much to me that someone out there is reading!

We are starting to prepare for the big trip to New York in just about 11 days. The airlines are being pretty persnickity about luggage. I've actually give some thought to preparing a "box" of stuff and shipping it to the hotel, and it can be there when we arrive! Might be cheaper than checking another suitcase. I'll have to call the hotel (The Marquis Marriott!!) and see if that is actually doable.

As I was going through the closet, which needs another serious overhaul and cleansing, and I remembered there was a post I wanted to do about shoes....
I pretty much live in my mocs around the house and slip on shoes when we go out or I go to work. We had a wedding to attend and neither of these options was going to work. So I muscled my way to the back of my closet to find some shoes to go with the light pants I intended to wear, thinking surely there is a pair of shoes that will do!!

And I pulled these 4 out! Wishing I had a full length mirror, or one like they have in the shoe store I decided to just try them on and take a photo!





























so which ones do you think I chose? Good thing I had had a pedicure that week!!

Lynn is celebrating his 40th anniversary of working for the Boys' and Girls' Clubs tomorrow. He worked for 30 years down south, between Des Moines, Federal Way, Seattle, and Tacoma. After retiring and working in the private sector for about 8 months, he was recruited to come up to Whatcom County. He started here 10 years ago tomorrow. Amazing....He has done such a wonderful job, and is truly looking forward to retiring!! I don't know what in the world I will do with him then!

1 comment:

Pat said...

I like the ones shown in the 3rd photo (although all of them actually looked fine).