Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1st - #89


This quilt has a bit of an interesting story. I made it for a class to teach and the class was not held. However, the quilt hung in the store to display, since the panel that was used for parts of it was provided by the store. And then it was gone....didn't deal with that store anymore....I'm glad I got a photo anyway.

I did my "tie dye" project today! It was pretty easy, and fun. I'll certainly be on the look out for colorful silk ties and do more of them next year! It started with these eight ties



They ranged in price from $1.99 to $4.99. Actually only one was $4.99. As I get "onto" thrift store shopping, I'll learn to shop on their special color days and get things half off. Anyway, after cutting them up and wrapping the eggs in them, then in muslin they look like nice little packages.
Here they are tucked in the pan ready for water and some vinegar. I didn't trust the rubber bands so I tied some twine around them as well and took them to the stove. After 40 minutes I took them out and let them cool and then unwrapped them and got these!!


Aren't they cute???? Some got more color than others, but I thought it was pretty cool. More fun than paas, that's for sure!!

4 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ever so cute - what a clever egg idea. The quilts - as always are fabulous.

Julie said...

Love the eggs! I sent your blog link to my daughter, maybe she can stop at the thrift store tomorrow. They are just too cool. Like the quilt too!

Anonymous said...

That is the coolest thing I ever did see with those eggs! Since we're into the chicken eggs here, I'm going to try it! Wow!

Sally said...

I love the eggs too! That would be a great memory project, done on empty shells and finished with shellac. Saly