Friday, April 2, 2010

April 2nd - #90

I had my post all ready to go, and blogger had some kind of hiccup!

This top is one that I think I showed on my blog last year sometime, so before I started my quilting "countdown"! This was a quilt I designed myself for a BOM class at a LQS. The blocks, I made each one just from my brain and experience. And the layout is my own too. We offered this class in four different color ways, this one I called "romance". We also had an Americana collection, a Thimbleberries collection, and a 30's collection. I have the other blocks done, but haven't put them into a top yet, I'll use a different layout for each one.

My "looking back" photo today is one of me holding our awesome dog Skipper and my sister Nancy, posing in front of my Mom's garden. My goodness those bangs!!! This was the period of time when Nancy had such blonde hair!! I'm going to guess she was about 3 and I was 6.

I need to go into one of my boxes of photos, grab another handful and get them scanned into the computer! One of those tasks....

Another task is getting my iTunes library separated into playlists so I can resync it! Right now it has EVERYTHING on it, so every couple of tunes, up comes a Christmas song....

Off to get something done before the kiddos arrive!

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wonderful quilt. Love the photo too - I am having fun now cropping and captioning photos that I scanned - all 5,000 of them - I guess I've always had a fascination for taking pictures.

Can you come over Tuesday morning - Linda will be here.

Julie said...

That is a great quilt. I have not had the urge yet to scan photos, it seems an insurmountable task. I admire you and Jo for doing it!