Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 7th - #95

How is that for wild!! This was another quilt I had done as a sample when I was teaching a beginning rotary cutting and quilting class. I love teaching half square triangles. I've done presentations at a couple of guilds in all the different techniques and tips and rulers and so forth to make this very basic quilting building block. I think once they have mastered this piece, they can feel a lot more confident. There are also flying geese in here. This one I just finished quilting myself (gasp!!) and it is going to my retreat to get a binding. I'm thinking the black....goodness, it makes my heart pump looking at all the action!!

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow that border changes every time I look at it - what a wonderful quilt.

Dena said...

This quilt is beautiful. The colors really make it pop.