Monday, January 14, 2013

Yountville Bike Day

 The sun was out, and though it was a bit chilly I got on my bike today, slung my new messenger bag over my shoulder and headed out.  I needed just a couple of things and so I headed up to the Ranch Market.  This is a great spot for lunch.  Sister Carol and I discovered it last summer when we were down here house hunting for me.  
Jay says it's the highest price market in California, and we all know how he vast experience in grocery shopping would allow him to know that........yeah NOT!!




This is the Yountville Town Hall.  Sort of like a City Hall if it were a city.  But it isn't.  It's a Town.  So we have a Town Hall.  It is so "California"....




I spotted these sweet johnny jump ups, or violas, and the california poppies!!  They were so happy with the bright sunshine.  I was so happy to find blooming flowers on January 14th



These trees are everywhere down here and I just love them.  They do make me think of the gnarly trees in the forest by the Wicked Witch in Oz....I will come back with this tree is in full leaf out and get another photo then.  




And this view is from standing directly underneath one of those trees.  I love the shapes and shadows and the fine little ends all reaching up into this beautiful blue, clear sky.  

Oh Happy Day.

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Such CA fun. I loved the blooming flowers in January - and wait until spring comes in Feb - you are going to really enjoy it.