Thursday, January 10, 2013

It was a Good Day

 These are a couple of photos I took today while I was venturing around Napa.  I went into the Oxbow Market.  This is a year round place, that has a lot of different shops in it, all open concept.  Coffee shop, restaurants, wine bars, a great olive oil place.
This maize kitchen was being revamped and the owner and contractor were having quite a lively discussion about what was going to go where.  I will be very curious to see what kind of things this place will offer.

In one corner was a great fresh market where I got the photos of the cabbage and the baby leeks.  Those are NOT scallions or green onions.  I ended up buying some kale, and came home and made wonderful kale chips first thing.

Also bought some other great things for salads for the next few days.

I believe I heard somewhere that there is a group of knitters that meets at this market one morning a week.  I will be checking that out.  But it was such a great spot, with indoor and outdoor seating, that I can see it being a place to go every week with my kindle and try something different for lunch.  Just enjoy being "out" and about.

It has been 3 months now that I have been OFF the anti depressant I was on for the last few years.  And it was tough.  But  just in the last two days I am starting to feel really good.  Maybe it is my dietary changes too.  But I feel pretty sharp, and content.

Couple of things to look forward to.  First of all is my first California quilting retreat a week from now.  I really need to get stuff ready for that.
After I get back from that I will be prepping for my flight up to Seattle and a 10 day visit with family and friends.

We decided today to list the house for sale, so I'll be checking on how that is going, as well as seeing how the house is.  It kind of surprised me that the last two times I was up there, I drove past, but felt no draw or sense of sadness.  Some amazing things happened in that house, and while I lived in that house, but it just never felt "right" I guess.  But it really was the community I never jelled with, not the house.

The renters have been very kind and helpful to the listing office, so that is good to hear.

Thanks for stopping by.  See you tomorrow...

No comments: