Saturday, January 26, 2013

Need to Pack My Bag!

Twenty four hours from now I will be in Seattle!!

I still need to pack my bag, which will be the BIG one since I am going to check it anyway.  Clothes aren't such a big deal, I have washing ability whenever I need it.  But I will be packing my Bullet and the travel able items for my morning smoothies.  Maybe what I'll do is put everything I need to pack on the bed and then decide which suitcase to use.  I'm sure many of you have used this method in the past and wonder just how goofy I am?

I'll have a knitting project for the plane, and at least one more to take along to work on during any downtime, of which I don't expect to have much.

It's been just over two months since I have been there.  I drove up that time and Jay flew up for Thanksgiving and drove back with me, which was good because it was an emotional trip back for me, knowing it was going to be a couple of months before I got back.

Plus I came home with a coughing crud last time.  Now Jay has it HERE, so I hope I am going to make this trip and return with no new bugs!!

I just cleaned out the fridge a bit, since there are things that won't keep and Jay won't eat.  From my crisper drawer I had half an onion, a green and a red pepper, a carrot, two tomatoes off the bowl on the counter (Mom said to NEVER refrigerate tomatoes) two big portabello mushroom, a red potato.  I sprinkled with some blood orange olive oil, some salt and pepper, some balsamic vinegar and tossed it into a 400 degree oven to roast them.  When it comes out I'll sprinkle some blue cheese crumbles over the top.

And enjoy the rest of the day!!

Tonight we are going to the Napa Boy's and Girl's Clubs annual CRAB FEED.   Hopefully it will be great!!

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Well, looks like you are ready for a lot of fun up here. Did you rent the house? The veggies look tremendous. Have a good flight!