Friday, January 25, 2013

Yes, I Survived!

The very best thing about this retreat was the location.  The setting is just so beautiful.  And the wildlife.  There was a herd of deer, 8 or 9 of them that kept prancing around in view.  Also caught a glimpse of a bobcat mom and baby, and a silver fox.
Second best thing was the food!!!  I've never had such good food at a retreat.  The camp maintains a beautiful organic garden on site and uses it.  We always had fresh fruits and veggies.

I did meet some really nice women.  Got the name of a dentist (though I forgot what it was, so need to research that again), titles of some new books to read, information about getting registered as a quilting teacher and lecturer, found some cancer survivor sisters, finished one small quilt top, and got the body of another finished.  The second one is impressive because I didn't even decide to make it until Saturday afternoon.

And I learned some things about myself.  I tried to remember some lessons I had learned when I moved to Bellingham, in the way I present myself, and my ideas.  Made a couple of "mistakes" by speaking a bit too soon, offering ideas and opinions, and I should have just kept it to myself, but no real harm done.

My drive home was slow and lingering as I stopped many times along the way, before getting into Petaluma and took a lot of photos.

Lynn unpacked my car for me, but I haven't set anything up in the sewing room.  Figured with leaving again on Sunday, I wouldn't get into it to do much.  I did start a new knitting project though, so that will be easy to carry along for the flight and my stay up north.

We are attending a crab feed Saturday night, which I hope will be fun.

Nice to be back.  And to think that maybe you missed me.....

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I'm glad you had a good time afterall - and the next one will be even more fun.