Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday Wrap Up


The ballet recital was precious as always last night. They don't allow photos during the performance but I got a couple nice photos of Jillian in her make up afterwards holding the flowers I gave her. Krista got some nice ones of her in her costume so I'll post those once she is able to load them in my system. Her class performed first so we then enjoyed other classes performing. Besides Darling Jillian, I love the little bitty girls. They look like they are about 3 or 4 and are adorable following their teacher around the stage in their costumes.
Brother Ethan struggles a bit during the performance but overall did pretty good. I was able to get a shot of the two of them afterwards actually sitting quietly! I still can hardly believe how quickly they are growing up.
Ethan was actually born here 4 1/2 years ago at my house with the aid of a lovely midwife. She nearly didn't make it! We had 10 minutes to spare was all. She reminded me that "you know what to do", and I said I know, but that was not the plan!!!
My husband was seriously freaked out about the placenta being in a tupperware bowl on the kitchen counter! Jeff and Krista are talking about another baby next year, and Lynn says "Not Here!" But I'm pretty sure he'll come around as it approaches. Krista labors so quickly and pretty easily (the filipino culture seems to do that) so as long as the pregnancy goes well, there is no reason to NOT birth at home. And my house is closer to emergency care than theres. Anyway...
I was able to do a fair amount of weeding today which felt really good. I'm planning to call and order up a few yards of compost/mulch to fill the beds next week, so I need to get them all weeded. My veggies are coming along nicely too. Not much sewing was done, other than my mandatory project. I plan to do some sewing tomorrow and at least one evening next week. I'm currently watching season two of "30 Rock" in my sewing room. Hilarious! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

1 comment:

Dena said...

Jillian is beautiful in her costume holding her flowers. Ethan is quite the young man.