Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Remember when.....

As I was dashing from the grocery store on Sunday I noticed a lovely little family heading in. I'm assuming it was Mom, Dad and two little boys. And the Mom was expecting a third. Just enough to go ahead and wear that maternity top. It kind of stopped me in my tracks. Here is was, Father's Day and I had gone to the store to pick up a few things for the dinner I was preparing for my husband and two of my three boys, with two of my three grandkids. And suddenly I remembered EXACTLY how I felt when I was expecting my third. I don't know about any of you, but my pregnancies were very simple, easy. Conceiving AND carrying. The birthing part became enough a part of me that I went on to become a labor and delivery nurse. My third pregnancy was with Todd, my Reno baby. He knows this story so I don't worry about sharing it with you all. We had two little boys under 3 at home and my Mother consented to watch them so that Lynn and I could get away with a couple friends for a weekend in Reno. My Mom didn't offer to do this very often, so we jumped at the chance. It was our first time away from both boys, AND our first time to Reno. I have since gone many, many, many times with my sisters, but Lynn ONLY goes if he has to, like for a conference. Anyway.....we had a wonderful time! And you know....in Reno, night is day and day is night and did I take my birth control pill? I don't remember, but whatever, we are having a grand time. Then when we packed to come home, our instructions were to leave our luggage in our room and the travel agency (Doug Fox, are they still around??) would pick them up and get them to the plane. Well.....NOT! They didn't pick it up in time so my luggage didn't find me for another two days, and yes my package of pills was in my luggage. Nine months later (well actually 9 1/2 months, but that's another story) here came Todd. So he will always be my Reno baby. He is also the baby who provided my freezer, but that's another story too!
I really loved being pregnant. The hope, the dreams, the goals, the future. Sigh.........

No comments: