Saturday, August 21, 2010

An Amazing Project


Be sure to click on the photo and take a good look at this quilt. This is being made by a friend of mine, Neta. She is so creative and does amazing work. This is her own creation, to depict an underwater scene. You can see some of the kelp being added on the right there. The thing I love about it are all those 3 inch blocks!!! Neta is big on making templates for a lot of those blocks. The next time I go to her Inn for a retreat I'll get some photos of some of her other works to show you more. Such an inspiration. In fact....I'm going to head into my sewing room right now!!

4 comments:

Vicki H. said...

that is so gorgeous. That takes so much planning, I think. Such little squares, too.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Neta amazes me with all her quilts - especially since she does them with cardboard templates and cuts out each piece separately - and is quick too. Thanks for sharing.

Cindy said...

Wow! That is truly an amazing quilt....can't wait to see it finished. I adore all those itty bitty blocks and the creative way she is using them for the background. Love it.

Diane said...

that's a stunning quilt!