Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Living Alone, Together





This is what my life at home has become. After 35 years of marriage, my husband is no longer interested in being a "couple". That is hard to say. But true. He does not want a divorce, or to be divorced, he just would like it if we could figure out how to maintain two households. How sad is that? I think it is a major male midlife crisis. He is in a pretty high stress (mostly self induced) job. People he works with have noticed his depressions too, but he doesn't think he has a problem. No, there are no drugs or alcohol involved, maybe there should be!
I am going to see a therapist starting on Thursday to help me figure out what I want. Ethan starts kindergarten in another year, which will free my time up considerably. I'm actually doing a bit of research on travel nursing. But again it would be a year away.
In the meantime, I have also decided that I am going to search out the Etsy site to see about selling some of my quilt tops. Since I do my quilting "by check" I can't see investing anymore money into them, if I could possibly sell them as tops. I'll also list some of my quilting books on Amazon, and see about another fabric sale sometime this fall. I'm not quitting sewing, or quilting, just paring things down a bit.
I promise my blog won't be morose and blue and pitiful, at least not everyday - LOL! I've been through two battles with cancer, birthed and raised 3 boys, went back to school when my kids were little to get my nursing degree. I know I am a strong and capable and loving woman who will find her way through this storm. I have wonderful friends and great kids. And a keyboard with a send button........

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Gee, Sharon....so sorry to read this. I can't imagine how frustrating and sad this must be for you...and so uncertain. You've been added to my prayer list.
Hugs

Julie said...

Wow Sharon... it's unreal that you are going through this. I can't even imagine. Do what you have to do for yourself and I'm glad you are starting therapy. You are in my thoughts.

Dawn W. said...

Sharon,
I have a lot of cuss words going through my head right now, but that does no good, huh? If it is a midlife crisis or depression he's going through, then maybe with time he'll come around. Maybe focusing on trying to live YOUR life to the fullest and setting aside the anger, pain, disappointment, etc., etc. you must be feeling right now will make him wake up and see what he would be missing if he screws this up. 35 years is nothing to sneeze at. It's amazing. My love and prayers go out to both of you.