Thursday, September 24, 2009


Happy Birthday Dear Genie!!!
It has taken me almost an hour to figure out how to scan and upload this wonderful photo of Genie with Kyle. This was taken a few years ago, but if one of my favorites of them both.
Kyle went to school with Genie's older sister, even to college together. Genie was the "little sister" who grew up to be quite the beauty! They started dating while Kyle was in college and had an on/off relationship for several years. When they finally figured out that they were MFEO (reference Sleepless in Seattle!) they had a beautiful summer wedding and a year and a half later presented me with the adorable Carter, grandson number 3!!! Genie is the Auntie to 9 nephews so a boy was no surprise to any of us! Everyone is hoping the next baby will be a girl (HOPEFULLY next year), but if that happens I know I'll never get my hands on her!
It is really cool to me that Genie kind of "followed" my path, went to Highline College and got her nursing degree and then got hired at Tacoma General as an RN in the NICU. My job was in L&D, but close enough!!! Now she is working as a charge nurse. I am so very, very proud of her. She takes such wonderful care of Kyle and Carter. Caring, beautiful and smart, what more could you ask for!!!
Sorry I couldn't get the photo to fill the space, but you can click on it and get a close up of them.

No comments: