Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall, It Is....


I don't remember ever having such an abrupt change of season around here! A few days ago, I was so chilled during the day I had to turn the furnace on for half an hour. Each fall I challenge myself to see how long I can wait to actually turn it on, well, I didn't even make it to October! This morning when I got up, it was 61 degrees in here, so on the furnace went!!
The photo I have featured today is one I took last fall while spending some time at Lake Cavanaugh during a quilting retreat with some wonderful friends. My favorite place to runaway to, with some favorite friends.
My crock pot is coming out today. I'm going to make tapioca in there! Just a recipe I found in one of my Fix It and Forget It cookbooks. You then transform it into a fruit salad, that I think the kids will really like with their dinner. I'm also going to roast some red peppers today and marinate them to make myself a red pepper, goat cheese, basil sandwich for dinner. Lynn has a dinner meeting so this is a perfect meal for me!! Plus I am going to use the last several peaches and make a peach crisp for dessert. Again....ah.....fall......
Down side, after the rain yesterday here came a pesky mole in the yard - grrrr....living in a farming community.....I have great soil for planting, but enticing soil for moles. I'll hope that Rocco the kitty might catch him! No hope for Dutch the King Cat!! He likes the fall too, finds his way up on top of a cabinet in the sewing room where I have quilts stacked. See the orange ball?
That is Dutch kitty. That is about 6 feet off the ground. In front of that stack of drawers is a small table that has some quilts that need binding, so it makes it easy for him to find his way up there. Yesterday I wondered where he was most of the day and finally spotted him in here...
Jillian has early release today, so we will be picking her up in an hour, so I best get that tapioca started.

1 comment:

Dena said...

Last week temps were in the high 80's to low 90's and this morning it was 58 when I woke up. We heat primarily with our woodstove so we've stacked the firewood by the woodstove in preparation of our first fire for the year. Brrrr.....