Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?


While cleaning out an old desk, I came upon these twelve watches.  Not one of them is still keeping time.  I wonder how much watch batteries are these days!!

I gave up wearing a watch in 2005, when I had laser surgery on my eyes.  The surgery corrected my distance vision beautifully, but it totally ruined my mid range.  So unless I had reading glasses on, I couldn't see what time it was on any watch!!

And it was an interesting lesson.  I went from having to have a watch on and knowing the time ALL THE TIME to giving it up, and not missing it at all.  It has been 7 years.  I have purchased a watch or two since then, and after wearing it for a day or so, I forget about wearing it.  There are so many other options these days.  Either from my cell phone, or in the car, or even the polite "can you tell me the time?"  

So all these 12 watches will go into the garage sale.  Except maybe the Husky watch that has a big W on the second hand.  With the purple band.  I think I need to keep that one a bit longer.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Great collection!

I gave up wearing watch when I retired. ;oD