Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A New Challenge

November is upon us already!!  The year is almost over and I feel like I haven't accomplished nearly enough.  And yet it has been a year of many events and changes.
Every so often I like to challenge myself to use stuff up and to not spend money!!  So this month, I will be using up the stuff that has accummulated in my freezer and pantry.  And to see how little money I can spend at the grocery store. 
Thanksgiving doesn't count!!!
And as of today, I haven't spent a thing!!  So far, so good.  For dinner tonight, I had taken some sausages from the freezer and planned to make a scalloped potato/sausage dish, but I had to dash out unexpectantly at 4, and couldn't get it done by the time I returned, so thankfully, I had a bag of spaghetti sauce in the freezer, so out it came, and was yummy for dinner.  And the sausages will be cooked up tomorrow. 
Also will inventory what's in the freezer!  And planning to do some sorting in the garage. 
I completely missed out on doing any fall decorating, other than some quilts, but now that I am hosting my small quilting group next week, I'll put some of the non Halloween stuff out so we will have a flavor of fall at least.
I sure hate not having a photo to share....my camera got tucked away when I was packing up AT the retreat over the weekend, and I haven't come across it yet. 
Anyway.....will be popping in every day this month to keep track of my progress.....plus some reviews and photos from the retreat and other daily happenings....

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

A good challenge - I think we could live a long time on what is in the pantry and freezer.

Hope you find that camera soon. Did you look down by the seats in your truck? (Don't ask me how I thought to look there).