Saturday, March 23, 2013

And then it was spring...

So much for more activity this month.

It's been an interesting month anyway.  Had a great visit with sister Nancy and BIL Terry.  We had 4 days of activities, highlighted by a day in San Francisco with dinner at The House of Prime Rib.  We walked the waterfront, went up to Coit Tower, drove down Lombard Street, through China Town.  The weather was perfect and we shared a lot of laughs.

Terry was excited to introduce me to the grinding attachment for my KitchenAid and we made breakfast sausage.  It was really, really good, and I look forward to making more sausage soon.

Crankiness kind of grabbed me when they left.  Then it was compounded by the manager of the homeowners association sending me the message that no, I wasn't supposed to plant any flowers.  Well, tough luck buddy.  I'm planting them within the confines of my little mini front yard, which is surrounded by a stucco wall, as well as a hedge.  The only way to see the flowers, or enjoy my yard, is by being IN my yard. And if that is considered "common area" then so be it.

Got mostly some annuals, and just a couple of perennials.  The landlord is good with it.  He said the previous tenant had had the same issue with the manager.  But she did get those daffs planted and I see a few tulips poking up too!

L Jay was given a HUGE award and honor from BGCA and so we decided I will go to Orlando for the national conference after all.  Thankfully, I was able to get booked on his same flights 3 legs out of 4, though I am in first class.....using those Alaska miles!!  And even better, sister Carol who was supposed to be here for a visit during that time, was able to book with her miles too, so I will have someone to play with.

Good for now.  Be back soon.

No comments: