Monday, December 31, 2012

Out and About

This was a photo I took at Tomales Bay on the coast.  Jay and I took a short road trip over to check out Walker Creek Ranch west of Petaluma.  It is the Outdoor Education site for the schools down here, similar to what many of my friends know as Camp Waskowitz in North Bend, Washington, where many of us and our children had our outdoor education.  Remember Mr. Lemon?
We had a late lunch at a restaurant on this beach, and we walked out onto the pier.  I only had my cell phone with me, so I thought I'd get a couple of shots.  While playing with the phone, my new iPhone5, I found a button that say "panorama" and I clicked it and this was the photo I got.  I love it. I am going to try sending it to the Costco photo online site and get it printed.
An online friend Tina, posted a link on FaceBook for a website which I signed up for.  I think it is called the 365 Project.  You take a photo and upload it to the site every day next year.  They have weekly themes too, which I plan to participate in.
Back to the day trip......I am going to attend my first quilting retreat with these California quilters and Walker Creek Ranch is the spot.  Brings back memories of my very first quilting retreat at Warm Beach in Stanwood so many years ago.  It really was the beginning of some very precious friendships.  I hope this retreat will do the same.
Happy New Year's Eve to any followers out there!  Be safe.

No comments: