Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Few Days Ahead of Schedule

That time of year again, New Year's is approaching.  I'm going to go back to my past years posts and see what I might have posted regarding resolutions, that ultimately were not kept.
One for this year, is I plan to post something here everyday.  Sister Carol will be so surprised!
Today, I was so happy to hear my pathetic little ding of my doorbell, because I knew it was the Fed EX guy!  I have been waiting for some things that I had ordered on Groupon....still waiting.  It WAS however my package from Amazon with my two new cookbooks that I ordered, thanks to my gift card from Jeff and Krista!!!  I ordered two cookbooks that I have been drooling over for quite a while.  One is the Anne Burrell book "Cook Like a Rock Star".  Jeff actually tried to buy this for me when it first came out, and it was not available.  So I'm glad to now get it.  But my gift to myself today is

This is a cookbook written by Deb Perelman, who started out as a food blogger, kind of like Ree Drummond, aka Pioneer Woman.  I do have a couple of her books, on my kindle, a format I am really not happy with as far as cookbooks go.  More on that in a later post.  
Anyway, this book is so AWESOME!!  I love the way she writes, like she was just sitting and having coffee with you.  I had never heard of her blog, but I will be checking it out now for sure on a regular basis.  So far I have gotten through the intro and breakfast section and I feel so motivated.  
Where in lies the problem.  When you want and NEED to lose weight, how do you incorporate that with loving to read cookbooks and love to cook?  That will be my challenge in the New Year.  All things in moderation, right?  I will be increasing my physical exercise for sure and cutting down/out my evening beverages.....Those things alone should help me be more healthy.  
It's getting later here today, I need to finish my shopping list and head out!!  Luckily Jay asked for grilled brats and salad for dinner, so no big prep time will be needed.  Then I am going to make some apple enchiladas for dessert.  It is still 2012 after all.

No comments: