Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Some Things I Miss

Two weeks I've been here in BEAUTIFUL Napa Valley California!  I'm loving all my little trips out and about.  It takes me 30 minutes to get to Costco (went today) so I will be planning those trips more carefully than I did when it only took me 15 minutes.  Was interesting to not have a parking lot full of Canadians (NOT that there is anything WRONG with that, Camille).  This store is maybe half the size of the big stores, and the layout is so different.  Some products they don't carry I miss, like the Cascade Ice soda for Jay.
The produce section is really small, maybe because of the abundance of Farmer's Market's.  The prices on the alcohol is amazing....yes, I did pick up a few items.......

Onto the things that I am missing after these two weeks away.

1.  My toilets........We had the TALL thrones in that house and boy do I miss them!

2.  Bathroom storage space.  I have about 20% of what I had, and I keep finding more not yet opened boxes that say "bathroom".

3.  My mail across the street.  Here it is on the other side of the development.

4.  Putting the garbage at the curb.  Also on the other side of the development.  Driving my garbage is umm....weird.

5.  My computer monitor, which somehow didn't survive the trip.

6.  Jillian, Ethan, Jeff and Krista being a 15 minute drive away.....and knowing I can see Carter, Henry, Kyle and Genie in 2 hours instead of 14 hours.  And having Todd come by.....

7.  Reading the letters to the editor from the ultra conservative in the Lynden paper, this time of year.

8.  Knowing what channel is what.

9.  Being able to actually walk on both sides of the bed in the Master bedroom.  Now I have to kind of shimmy (not a pretty picture) along the shutters on the sliding glass door.  I need to learn to get up and go the bathroom when I am not in a hurry.

10.  My Circle of Friends.....

I'm planning to bike around Yountville in the next day or two and get some photos and share them with you all.
Hope you are enjoying your home....

No comments: