Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dinner in Napa


First of all, I'm so excited to have figured out how to copy the photo to my blog!!

Hello out there from the Napa Valley!!  I'll do a full post of my trip later, but I wanted to share about our dinner tonight.  I arrived on Tuesday night, and tonight was our first meal out being California residents.  We chose this great spot called the Norman Rose Tavern in downtown Napa.  Lynn had had lunch here with the CEO of the Napa Clubs and liked it.  It had been a while since we had a hot meal together, and we both ended up ordering the half roasted chicken dinner, with potato salad and the best fresh green beans I have ever had.  Sorry I forgot to take a photo, I was just plain hungry...

Downtown Napa is only about a 15 minute drive.  Yes, there are TONS of EXCELLENT restaurants in Yountville, our hometown, but we haven't felt quite ready to try any of them yet.  Maybe next week.

While we were eating a nice looking couple came in and sat at the table next to us.  Several people greeted the gentleman and he sure did look familiar to me.  I think someone called him Kendall, but I couldn't be sure.  He looks like someone I have seen on something like Top Chef.  Will have to search that out a bit.

Our furniture and belongings are due to arrive on Sunday.  I'll have to take some before and after shots of the rooms.  I have to say, I sure enjoy stepping out onto the deck in the late morning with a cuppa coffee and bask in the sunshine and admire the truly blue sky.  I hear there may be rain over the weekend, though there hasn't been any measurable rainfall since Memorial Day.  And then expected to be HOT again next week.

The cats are doing well.  So far Rocco (who traveled with me) is already loving being outside.  Lays under a shrub by the deck in the shade and surveys his new territory.  We did walk over and pick a couple more lemons today.  The limes still seem a bit too firm.

Saturday we are going to the Farmers Market in Napa.  Hopefully I'll remember my camera and get some good shots of the place.  Next week will be busy unpacking, so I'm really enjoying this "down" time.

Until later....



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You forgot to mention that you LOVE to call your sister and TELL her you are sitting on your deck enjoying your coffee.
And we have not had measurable precipitation for more than 30 days either!