Friday, October 8, 2010

Depression Candy



Do you have a particular type of treat that really calls to you when you are feeling down and out, blue, out of sorts, depressed, tired, lethargic, cranky or just sad? I'm not really much of a sweets lover. Carbs with salt are my drug of choice. But the last few weeks I have felt at least all of those things. Bronchitis is the physical cause I believe but I'm pretty sure there are some emotional virus's running around in me too.

At least this time I didn't wait for my congestion to make it all the way to pneumonia. But I've gone through my antibiotic, prescription cough syrup and way too much Mucinex and still I am coughing. Granted it is not as bad. But now I get to add on a UTI (bladder infection). So now I have another antibiotic to take. No wonder I feel so bad.

So this is what came home from the store with me tonight.
At least they were on sale....

3 comments:

Pat said...

I hope you feel better soon. I had something recently that lasted for about 2 solid weeks...NO fun.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Necco Wafers!!!! I like to put them in my mouth a certain way so they break into a million pieces on the first bite - love the crunch of them.

Hope you feel a lot better soon.

Anonymous said...

I am all about the carbs and cheese...as in home made mac and cheese!
Linda