Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Time.....

Looking WAY back here. This must have been about 1958 0r 59. That's me on the right, topless. We lived in Kennewick. That is my older brother and two friends in the pool as well. My question is
WHAT is with that WATER???

I'm starting to think that summer has arrived up here in the Pacific Northwest. I actually moved the fan in from the garage and had doors and windows open yesterday and today. Mid 70's, just the right temperature for me.

My sister Nancy is having a birthday next month and I want to take these old photos I got put on disc and make her a special one featuring her!!! Plus some music. I'm wondering if any of you have a program you like to use to create such things.

For my quilting buddies out there.....here is my design wall currently. The rows were created by members of my small group. We each picked a theme, mine was old fashioned blocks in new pretty florals. Now trying to figure out how to put them all together. I think I'm going with these assorted floral strips that read med/dark.

See the block tot he right? That is one I did with crayons. I think I'm going to do some embroidery around the colors and make it a pillow. Put it on the chair on my porch.

Off to the gym now, day two!! In a row!!

2 comments:

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

This picture of the pool party brings back memories. I believe we had the same swimming pool. Glad to see you are back, we missed you.

Alycia said...

Two days in a row!! good for you.

I love all your blocks - they are really pretty.