Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A New Phone!

When I was away with my BQF's for the weekend (best quilting friends) I was terribly jealous when they were all doing all kinds of cool things with their phones!! So I thought, WTF (fa la la la la), and drove into town and bought myself a new phone!!!

One of the reasons was because I could download a FREE Kindle app! Eileen had it on her phone and that was the factor that made me decide. Yes, I still had to pay just under $10 for the book, but I LOVE it! My screen is showing you the book I downloaded. I had been pondering a actual Kindle ever since they came out, and they were becoming more affordable, so this at least gives me a chance to see if I would like reading a book with this format. Will let you know.

Here is my center block for the secret sister project I have been working on for my small group. The party/exchange is day after tomorrow, and I still need to create the pieced border around it. So I probably ought to get to it!!

We did put our Christmas tree in the stand and got it watered, but it will be bare until Friday at least.....maybe even Sunday.

Tomorrow evening we have a dinner to attend and Friday we are heading south for the weekend.

I'm still feeling just about 0 "Holiday Spirit" this year.....

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love the stitchery! I have a texting phone but it's no use getting anything else as we are in no man's land for cell service at home. Hopefully someday, then I can get a cool cell phone with apps!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Nice phone - sure didn't take you long to decide to get that one. Our son works for Amazon and most of the traffic he has in service rep is for the kindle - they are quite popular.

Cute embroidery - I love that kind of stuff.