Tuesday, November 3, 2009
This is my next quilt ready now to head to Carol the quilter. I'll probably drop it off tomorrow if she is home. This was a row quilt that my small group all worked on together. I think 5 or 6 of the 12 of us actually got it finished. A few already have theirs quilted. I should mention that we worked on this project about.....oh....5 years ago!! Each month we worked on a different row. I took some design liberties, naturally, tweaking and changing a few things. Size wise, it would lay perfectly on top of the Queen bed with no hangover. I've used that "meandering geese" technique on other projects. What really attracted me to this pattern was the village row. It was fun to do, and choose fabrics for the buildings.
I have a bib order to work on, and I use the warm and natural for the center layer and didn't have any scraps hanging around. So I thought I would sandwich a couple of quilts so that I could have some leftovers to work with. This quilt happened to fit perfectly on this piece, so now I'll have to roll out some more batting, choose another quilt top and see if I come up with any extra!!