Friday, July 13, 2012

Things I Have Learned This Week

1.  Do your errands and running around in the morning or evening, not during the hottest part of the day.

2.  Don't leave anything in the car!!  My iTouch actually told me it was too hot....

3.  Keeping the blinds drawn during the day really does keep the house cooler.

4.  Fresh is Best!!

5.  The whistle from the train twice a day is really comforting.

6.  Those colorful flowers are called oleander.

7.  There are kind and thoughtful people everywhere.  You just have to be open to hearing and seeing them.

8.  I love my Keurig.

9.  Thick TP is really nice, but the roll runs out so fast.

10.  Being 750 miles from "home" can be managed without as much sadness as I was afraid of.

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Good things to learn - what a journey you are on - new things and new ways - but you will learn them all and enjoy them! Take another look at the Oleanders - for me - I sure miss them. And bougainvillea - you are going to be overwhelmed when you see it - one of the most amazing flowering shrubs EVER! Ahhhh California!