Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Freshening Up

This is one of my fall quilts.  Actually this is one that I have used to teach a beginning quilting class.  It was good because it taught the basics of measuring and cutting accurately and then making Nine Patch blocks and bi-color blocks.  Once people can master those, they have a good foundation, IMHO.
Anyway, freshening up!  You may notice my blog looks a bit different.  I'm not sure how I feel about the new way to work through the layout, but I'll learn more as I go. 
One of the new features that I can access has to do with traffic.  And I'm wondering who in the heck is viewing my blog from Germany and North Korea....isn't that weird?

The kids are now in school, so my life will be very different.  I actually signed up for a few shifts at work, and have been called off for the first two.  I'm planning to get back into a nice gym, workout routine, but because of my surgery next week, I won't be able to do any exercise for two weeks following that, so it will be a few weeks before that happens.

Fear not, there are many things for me to DO!  In fact, I'm heading into my sewing room now to finish up the quilt I'm working on for my small group's Christmas quilt.  I'll be back here soon, and finally do my Back to School post.




2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I love the new look on your computer. Ben is in school too - and it sure does change up my life. I did a lot of catch up today - more tomorrow - but I miss him so much.

Anonymous said...

The thought of rigorous training through the use of diverse abdominal exercise machines may give you second thoughts about trying such a workout. r